We have reached a point in the digital era, where there is no lack of game options. Whether played on a personal computer, video game console, mobile phone, tablet or even a watch, video games are accessible at absolutely any time. Over the past three decades we have witnessed the unprecedented development of video game industry, from plastic boxes with black-and-white Tetris to virtual reality helmets. Video games initially challenged other forms of entertainment; now they are the definitive leader.
It would seem that the biggest headache for video game developers should be creating content and an interesting product. In fact, the hardest part is finding a way to make the product stand out among the masses of other video game options and reach the end user. Advertising expenditures often account for more than half of the budget for video game development. The cost of traffic has steadily increased with the rise of the offers on the market. But what amount of advertising expenses is really effective?
The emergence of blockchain technology has enabled the creation of a next-generation digital distribution platform, delivering all types of video games (Free2play MMOs and cryptogames being a key priority), including AAA-titles, to the fast-growing global game community. Unlike other platforms (Steam4, Origin, GOG, etc.), The Abyss offers a groundbreaking motivational and multilevel referral system, allowing gamers to earn from in-game and social activities, and other gamers’ payments as well. By joining The Abyss, developers will reduce their marketing expenses and receive an extra income from referral payments made in other games on the platform. Other benefits imply automatic payments to cryptocurrency accounts, the internal CPA Network5 and numerous additional services.
[infobox style=”alert-success”]The Abyss as a Next-Generation Digital Distribution Platform[/infobox]
The Abyss is a next generation digital distribution platform, delivering all types of video games (Free2play MMOs and cryptogames being a key priority), including AAA-titles, to the fast-growing global game community. The Abyss offers a groundbreaking motivational and multilevel referral system, allowing gamers to earn from in-game and social activities, and other gamers’ payments as well. By joining The Abyss, developers will reduce their marketing expenses and receive an extra income from referral payments made in other games on the platform.
ABYSS tokens are a priority internal mechanism for interaction on the platform (ERC20 standard on the Ethereum blockchain). Our game platform will be available for Desktop (Windows, MacOS, Linux), Mobile (iOS and Android) and Web.
[infobox style=”alert-success”]Key Characteristics of the Project:[/infobox]
- Increasing income from a single user: a powerful, multilevel referral program whereby a user brought in by a developer provides the developer an income (paid in ABYSS tokens) from all payments and achievements in any other game on the platform.
- The player also profits: An analogous referral system is built on a viral basis whereby players receive income (paid in ABYSS tokens) for bringing in friends and their payments. Also the gamer can earn from different activities on the platform (achievements, content generation, internal CPA Network, etc.).
[infobox style=”alert-success”]The Abyss’s Advantages for Developers[/infobox]
The Abyss offers a fundamentally different logic of advertising interaction to the developers. By directly buying and selling targeted traffic to each other and receiving payments even from users leaving the game, developers become a sort of partners. The model for interaction is thus altered from being competitive to being collaborative and mutually beneficial. It provides an ability to reduce expenses on being competitive and accordingly entails potential income growth for developers.
- Payments are accepted in ABYSS tokens as well as fiat money13;
- The minimum share of payments by users of the platform for developers is 70%;
- Referral programs can bring a developer’s share to more than 100% in overall terms;
- Developers can receive payments in tokens without verifying documents or waiting until the end of a reporting period;
- The developer can fully receive his share in fiats, regardless of the currency in which the initial payment was received by the platform;
- Developers immediately at the start get access to a targeted audience, including those generating content;
- Developers get access to specialized player statistics;
- Developers are offered a customer support service operating 24/7;
- Developers define the depth of support service’ integration into their projects (three levels of integration are available);
- Developers are offered a convenient and understandable mechanism for rotating traffic among any games on the platform via an internal system of advertising offers;
- Developers are offered a simple mechanism for getting traffic both within and outside the platform;
- No fraud and fewer refunds in operations with ABYSS tokens compared with those using fiat money;
- An opportunity to launch projects as an alfa or beta version for gathering opinions, testing and figuring out what aspects require the most work to improve the game, particularly regarding content and monetization;
- An exhaustive amount of information, including user feedback and media reviews, is presented to aid in promoting the game and protecting it from unfair competition;
- Users are unable to delete negative comments that contain a falsehood or are otherwise libelous following an official reply by a developer in which the situation is explained;
- Open guidelines for free games promotion within the platform, including a banner on the main page, a slot in pop-up windows when a client opens the platform, project evaluations and other marketing solutions on the platform.
Further plans imply connecting to crowdfunding platform, since young teams that need financing for the development of their own MMO projects. Developers will be able to raise the needed funds, and sponsors will be able to participate in the creation of prospective games.
[infobox style=”alert-success”]The Abyss’s Advantages for Players[/infobox]
The Abyss offers a wide range of profitable options for players, such as referral payments, rewards for game achievements (one’s own, as well as those by friends brought into the game) and payments for creating content.
- Players get worldwide access to numerous games in one place;
- Players are offered individual referral programs in which an income (paid in ABYSS tokens) is calculated based on a five-level referral chain comprised of friends brought in and users brought in by friends;
- ABYSS tokens rewards earned from personal or joint game achievements;
- Monetization of content created (reviews, streams, guides, commentary, fan art);
- Additional ABYSS tokens income at an internal auction;
- Players can earn additional ABYSS token rewards by fulfilling tasks within the system of offers for developers;
- Beyond the framework of a given game, users are able to form syndicates and earn additional ABYSS token rewards from collaborative activities;
- On demand, ABYSS tokens are transferred to the personal Ethereum wallet;
- There is an internal overlay for in-game communication with any user of the platform and a fast access to important functions;
- An overview of the activities of friends on the portal, including game achievements, sessions and other information. The user privacy settings can be adjusted individually;
- A comprehensive, individual system of client settings for each user to see only what is needed;
- FPS counter is used to obtain information on game performance for PC users;
- Analysis of the frequency of achievements influencing the value of rewards for users and their ratings;
- Automatic updates of games enable players not to care about how current a version is, while the ability to limit download speeds of needed files will be convenient for users with a slow internet connection. Regarding these options, it is possible to set a schedule or simply turn off the automatic update regime;
- A hibernation regime enables computer resources to be freed up when clients are working in a background regime or when users are in the game;
- An “out of network” regime enables players to maintain access to some of the platform’s functions even if there is no internet connection;
- During game sessions, users are able to get data about all players with whom they are interacting during game play so that they can make their acquaintance and become friends;
- Screenshots and video captures of game process enable publication of any moment important to a particular player. The user can adjust the quality of the screenshots and video, as well as hotkeys and the location for saving the data with dates and times of the process saved;
- An opportunity to organize computers in a virtual local network even if they are physically distant (in different towns, countries or even continents). This enables game play with friends for whom the official game servers either do not work or are inaccessible;
- Convenient search engine for finding and adding friends, according to their unique ID, nickname, email address or any other parameter.
[infobox style=”alert-success”]Platform Structure and Basic Services[/infobox]
- Unified Authentication
The functionality of a unified system of authentication (including social networks) enables users to easily connect to the platform and get access to all the opportunities offered by the service. Two-factor authentication and the possibility to instate IP blocking strengthen the capability of protecting user accounts.
- Unified Billing and Dual-Currency Operations
A unified system for receiving payments via reliable payment servers provides for all the requirements of the platform. As blockchain is a relatively new technology and has not yet become massively used, dual currency operations are a crucial instrument for every game. Developers can receive payments for their games in a usual fiat currency as well as in ABYSS tokens, the latter providing a range of advantages for all participants of the platform.
- Customer Support Service
An around-the-clock, support service enables the reduction of natural user outflow. The deeper the support service is integrated into a game, the higher the loyalty of its players is. We already provide a bilingual, 24/7 user support service for Destiny.Games projects. If needed, the offering of languages will be expanded. We propose three levels of integration for projects: basic, advanced and the complete package, whereby employees of the support service can answer questions regarding the particular project.
- Transparent System for Statistics and Reporting
Beginning developers are not always able to compile and interpret game metrics so that they can use the obtained information to develop their game projects. The metrics that are most in demand in the video game industry, as well as convenient forms of reporting, are presented for every project immediately following
We compile fundamental events, interpret them and then report our analysis and forecasts to the developers. Uniformity in compiling data from the projects excludes discrepancies in the statistics. For every project, ARPU, MAU, LTV and other metrics are considered similarly. Forum. A common space for communication among all participants of our video game ecosystem. We plan to create our own common forum for all games of the platform where each user can select the themes he/she is interested in.
- In addition, the forum will include an area for communication between developers and contractors where issues can be resolved, such as searching for localizers and marketing experts or hiring employees in a different country. Players can directly communicate with developers and offer their own services. The Abyss plans to verify contractors so that the selection of partners for collaboration is maximally productive.
[infobox style=”alert-success”]The Abyss’ benefits[/infobox]
We introduce our own digital token called ABYSS which is based on the Ethereum blockchain technology. This token will be a priority mechanism for interaction on our digital distribution platform. We are making this platform the most convenient for developing, distributing and playing games. A single type of token will be used across the platform in a wide variety of applications. Real money will also be accepted, but we are sure that cryptocurrency will be much more effective. In fact, during the initial round we accept only cryptocurrency (Bitcoin and Ethereum) in exchange for tokens. So what is going to be different?
- We honor the achievements of gamers across a variety of games. We enable gamers to form syndicates (Masternodes) with many new opportunities to influence their digital worlds.
- We honor the hard work of developers. We introduce new techniques so that a brilliant game could provide a long-term rewards for its creators. The referral program we have designed honors the developers’ contribution even after the player leaves for another game.
- For the first time in history we connect advertisement, content creation and other related activities with the distribution platform. Your new game can be promoted with ABYSS tokens, and as a gamer you will get a rewarded for the content you generate. All with a direct connection to your cryptocurrency wallet.
- Eliminating cumbersome real-world money from the video game equation will make the entire platform more effective. If developers spend less on advertisement and promotion, directly able to see and measure the result of their efforts, they will be able to devote more time and resources to developing better quality games. Content creators will be able to sell their work for a fair price. By connecting people, the platform helps them to share the same passion.
- Oh, and we should mention an improved exchange between the ABYSS tokens and general cryptocurrency? The Abyss users will be able to withdraw funds at any time, 24/7.
- Profil link